Next, Maggie from PatchMaker was kind enough to answer some questions for us.
1. Why do you do what you do? I'm a quiltmaker because it's my passion, my obsession, and my joy.
2. How long have you been selling online? Why did you start? I've been selling online for about 8 years now. I started because my house was becoming too small to hold all the quilts I was making, and there seemed to be a market for them online.
3. What's your inspiration? My inspiration comes from color. I'm all about the colors. . . . how they work together, how they blend, the shading, the variations, the intensity.
4. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? When I was little, I wanted to be a secretary, who filed things neatly all day long. My mother wanted me to be a teacher. We were both wrong.
5. Do you have a day job? Quilting is my day job (and my night job, and my weekend job)! (It also helps to have a husband with a good job!)
6. What advice would you give to someone who just started selling online? Hmmm; advice for newbies; stick to it! There will be good times and bad, good customers and bad, but ultimately YOU are the one in charge of what you do, and that's a wonderful feeling.
You can find Maggie at the following links: