Next is Carol from CapturedOnCloth.
1. Why do you do what you do? I love to work with my hands & keep busy. I enjoy sewing and have tried my hand at soapmaking and woodwork. I really like to make soap, but have always been afraid to try cold process, so I stick with melt/pour.
2. How long have you been selling online? Why did you start? I started my online studio in March of 2009. I have only had a couple sales, but I'm keeping my chin up and "sewing" on!
3. What's your inspiration? I think my inspiration is just the fact that I like sewing and keeping busy. I like being creative, and becoming a new grandma helps all the more. (always trying to think of something new for my little Jackson).
4. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?I honestly can't recall what I dreamt of being as a child, but I think I have always had a creative side. I took a LOT of art classes through high school and then became a hairdresser for 20+ years (you can be pretty creative with a good head of hair).
5. Do you have a day job? I have been unemployed since Dec. 2008. I had managed a Hallmark store for about 2 yrs. Again, you have to be very creative to build displays and showcase windows.
6. What advice would you give to someone who just started selling online? Add new product often, have patience and never give up!
7. Anything you'd like to add? I will end by adding that I really enjoy being a part of Artfire. Most everyone is all too willing to help and give advice when needed. Very friendly people. I would also like to add that I am a member of the "Sew what" and "You can sell it" guilds on Artfire. Thanks so much, if I can inspire just 1 person to hang in there, then it was well worth sharing this.
You can find Carol at the following links: